WHAT CAN COACHING DO FOR ME?
WE MOVE MOUNTAINS
“Coaching is valuable because none of us transform our thinking on our own. Humans are masters at rationalizing hastily made choices and exceptional at blaming whomever or whatever they can when those choices turn out badly.”
- Marcia Reynolds
What is Coaching?
The power of a purposeful question:
Who do you want to be?
What kind of impact do you want to have?
What holds you back?
The International Coaching Federation (ICF), defines coaching as:
“Partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential."
Unlike consulting, which is someone offering expertise and advice, or therapy, which looks to the past to revisit and heal disorders, coaching is a future-forward, reflective, and action-oriented process and partnership.
Coaching is NOT about fixing or changing people, but helping people gain new awareness, rediscover themselves, to become more of who they are. Coaches help you see what you don't see, bringing new perspectives and solutions to what you are capable of, just as you are today!
What You Can Expect From Me:
For coaching to be successful, there has to be meaning and value if you want change. People want to be able to identify and live out the change that they want to see in themselves. But first, they need a mirror, reflective space - an objective thought partner - who can help them see blinds spots, biases, and habits.
I’m a true partner, but not here to give you advice. My focus is on coaching the person, not the problem. And I don’t presume to know all the answers. But by creating and holding a trusted safe space, I hold my clients to be fully capable and creative, so they can explore and make conscious choices to move forward. This Is my commitment:
• I’m going to meet you where you are, not where I think I want you to be.
• I will be present, listen, empathize, reflect, and seek understanding of where you are in your world.
• It’s your agenda, not mine, and I will support you in clarity on what is most important for you.
• I will stretch you out of your comfort zone to see what’s possible.
This Is What I Ask of You:
• You’re willing to make a choice to be responsible and accountable for your own happiness and well-being.
• You’re willing to take the journey, which will take hard work, action, and yield breakthrough results.
• You’re willing to laugh at yourself.